Rabu, 12 Januari 2011
CrunchBang 10 Statler
New CrunchBang Statler images are available now. The new images were built on Wednesday 5th January 2011 and feature all package updates available at that time from the Debian Squeeze and CrunchBang Statler repositories.
These updated Statler images feature the following changes:
* Google Chrome installed as the default browser.
* A new live-installer, as used by the LMDE project.
* Plymouth graphical boot loader enabled by default after installation.
* Improved font rendering.
* Improved post-installation script, providing optional installs of:
o Liquorix/Zen kernel.
o Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment and browser plugin.
* Back to black artwork.
* 100s of additional plugins and filters for GIMP via the ‘gimp-plugin-registry’ package.
* Updated Dropbox packages and Thunar Dropbox extensions installed by default.
* Pino replaced by Heybuddy, a micro blogging Indenti.ca client.
* Various other minor fixes and improvements, including, but not limited to:
o Xfce menu fixed for applications requiring root privileges.
o Missing ‘wireless-tools’ package is now included.
o Viewnior image viewer rebuilt without the GNOME specific features.
o Updated Elementary icons.
Existing Statler users should not need to perform a reinstall, instead a simple ‘sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade’ should suffice.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR UNETBOOTIN USERS: CrunchBang images will more than likely fail to work if copied to USB devices with Unetbootin. Please use the recommended method for creating USB installation media.
As always with CrunchBang, this release is not recommended for anyone who requires a stable system. Anyone who uses CrunchBang should be comfortable with occasional or even frequent breakage. Remember, CrunchBang Linux could make your computer go CRUNCH! BANG! :)
If you do decide to give CrunchBang a try, please visit the forums and join the conversation. We would love to read your feedback and suggestions for improvements!
Diposkan oleh Nur Elly Saputra di 00.56